- Using Time Sheet
- Entering Time Records for Past Weeks
- Entering Time Records in Multiple Categories
- Entering Time Records for Multiple Clients, Plans or Tasks/Actions
- Using the Timer to Record Time
The Time Sheet facility provides an alternative method of entering and viewing your own time records. It is not possible to view the time records of other employees in the Time Sheet.
By default, the Time Sheet screen shows your time records for the current week. This is the view you will have when you first load the page:
To enter a new record, you must first select the client, plan or task the work is to be booked to using the drop-down list on the right:
Once you have selected an entry, the Time Sheet will automatically reload to allow you to enter your time information:
If you have selected a Plan or Task, rather than a Client, you will be prompted for time information for both that Plan/Task and for the client with whom the activity is aligned.
You do not have to enter time for both the Client and the Plan/Task - simply record what is most appropriate. If desired, the application can be configured so that time can only be tracked against plans or tasks, not directly against clients.
When entering a Time Sheet record, you will need to provide the following information:
- Task Category - the type of work you have been doing
- Comment - a comment describing the work
- Hours - the number of hours' work you have done for each day that week
Once you have entered this information, click on save. This will save your entry and clear it from the timesheet, enabling you to make additional entries.
To enter records for past weeks into the Time Sheet, simply navigate to the appropriate week using the Previous Week and Next Week links:
If your work has fallen into more than one category, use the icon at the right-hand side of the Time Sheet to add another record for the same Client/Plan/Task but with a fresh choice of categories.
If you need to record work with multiple Clients/Plans/Tasks, you need to do them one at a time:
- Using the drop-down box, select the Client/Plan/Task for your first set of records.
- Once you have completed entering this data, select a new Client/Plan/Task from the drop-down box. A new row will automatically be added to the Time Sheet, allowing you to enter your next set of time records.
This can be repeated as many times as required.
Instead of manually recording the time spent working on a task and later entering it into PositiveWare, it is possible to use PositiveWare's timer facility to automatically record the amount of time you spend on an activity.
To do this, select the Client/Plan/Task you will be working on from the drop-down list, then click the icon to start the timer.
You will see a timer appear at the top of your PositiveWare window:
You can also add a comment to your timer session - this will be entered into your Time Card or Time Sheet record when you stop the timer. To do this, click on the icon:
When you have completed your work, click on the stop ( ) icon to stop the timer. You can also pause the timer ( ) if required.
The record will be added to your Time Sheet when you stop the timer.